- COVID-19 Update
- VET Courses
- Current Students
- Future Students
- About Us
- Contact Us
FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting
|Qualification:||FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting|
|CRICOS Course Code:||098565G|
|Duration:||40 Weeks Tuition + up to 12 Weeks break= 52 weeks total|
|Training Package:||FNS Financial Services|
|Vocational Area:||Accounting and financial services|
|Study Type:||Full time: 20 hours face to face|
This course is organised into 11 units of competency, made up of 6 core units and 5 elective units.
|FNSACC511 Provide financial and business performance information||Core|
|FNSACC512 Prepare tax documentation for individuals**||Core|
|FNSACC513 Manage budgets and forecasts||Core|
|FNSACC514* Prepare financial reports for corporate entities||Core|
|FNSACC516 Implement and maintain internal control procedures||Core|
|FNSACC517 Provide management accounting information||Core|
|BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships||Elective|
|FNSACC505 Establish and maintain accounting information systems||Elective|
|FNSACC607* Evaluate business performance||Elective|
|FNSINC601* Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry||Elective|
|FNSACC601* Prepare and administer tax documentation for legal entities||Elective|
This course will build on the knowledge of business financial and accounting practice and the basic accounting skills that were acquired in the FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting. The Diploma FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting is designed for students who wish to expand their knowledge of the accounting discipline so that they may pursue higher education or employment in the business, financial or accounting environments.
In order to gain entry into this course, the potential student must:
● Be 18 years of age or over
● Have satisfactorily completed Year 11 in the Australian High School (or equivalent), and
● Have an IELTS band score of minimum 5.5 or TOEFL 500 (or equivalent)
● Completion of the following six units, or their equivalent:
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems;
- Completion of FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting or equivalent;
- Completion of FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent.
- Completion of FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping or equivalent.
Applicants preferably have completed any Certificate BSB qualification or other relevant Certificate or demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments in a managerial or supervisory role.
Each unit of competency involves assessment tasks conducted in a range of contexts. Such assessment tasks may include case studies, practical demonstrations, individual projects, report writing, portfolios of evidence, closed book examinations, role plays and oral presentations.
Career opportunities may be found in a wide variety of industries including public accounting, property, business services, manufacturing, banking, insurance, Government departments and not-for-profit organisations. With increasing regulation and business reliance on sound financial information, opportunities for qualified accountants are expected to grow.
Successful completion of the FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting may enable the student to receive exemptions in WIN’s Bachelor of Business (Professional Accounting).
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING & RECOGNITION OF CURRENT COMPETENCY
Have you studied this topic before? We will recognise competencies gained through previous learning, work and life experiences.
Students can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/ Recognition of Current Competency (RCC) before they commence the course or a particular unit. Students will need to provide evidence that they are already competent in this/these specific unit/s. Email [email protected] for further information.